FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By Frothy_Milk
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:Nice yo, that all looks surprisingly green for just receiving it! :D
I was surprised how much growth it had, and I was also surprised by a pretty big spider chilling in the bag. I had to wash it off to make sure there were no spider eggs laying around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Wikiwakawakawee
Frothy_Milk wrote:
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:Nice yo, that all looks surprisingly green for just receiving it! :D
I was surprised how much growth it had, and I was also surprised by a pretty big spider chilling in the bag. I had to wash it off to make sure there were no spider eggs laying around.

Yeah the few times I've ordered live sphagnum, it almost always came a bit dead looking except for some green areas, but everything you received looks great!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
By Frothy_Milk
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:
Frothy_Milk wrote:

Yeah the few times I've ordered live sphagnum, it almost always came a bit dead looking except for some green areas, but everything you received looks great!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Where did you buy your sphagnum from? I got it on eBay from a company in Florida and the bag shipped in 6 days. A bit longer than I expected to get here, but the moss was green, and moist.

By Frothy_Milk
Smooter80 wrote:I've had live spag in a zip lock bag for over 1 year without any care stay alive on my porch. It's tough lol.
You must have kept it moist all the time then

By tannerm
I've ordered most of mine from the same seller... make sure you soak it in something to kill the micro critters! He pulls it straight from swamp to bag; i.e. It's not suitable for enclosed grow areas right out of the bag. I washed mine about 10 times (3 of said times using a ton of neem)

By Frothy_Milk
tannerm wrote:I've ordered most of mine from the same seller... make sure you soak it in something to kill the micro critters! He pulls it straight from swamp to bag; i.e. It's not suitable for enclosed grow areas right out of the bag. I washed mine about 10 times (3 of said times using a ton of neem)

I only washed it out once. Sheesh I need to wash it more when I get home.

Hello, New to the forum

I wish! These are city slicker deer. No hunting […]

Introduction: In today's modern society, individua[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!