FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Barlapipas 6
I will go vacation for a month with my temperate plants. At first I was going to leave them in my room which I don’t think it’s a very good idea. Every summer my room becomes almost like a sauna. The temperature is constant at 35°C, there is A LOT of humidity and very little air circulation. Also no direct sunlight. After a small discussion with my parents they allowed me to bring my 4 temperate plants. The vacation place has a lot of sun, a lot of bugs, way less air pollution and more comfortable temperatures ( average highs are 30°C ). The bugs can get a bit weird so I hope my plants don’t get any pests.
By ChefDean
I think it would be a better idea to find someone to take care of your plants while you're away.
Notwithstanding the logistics of traipsing plants around with you, the plants themselves will go into shock due to the new environment. Then, upon your return, having likely not fully recovered from that shock, they'll go further into shock due to having to re adapt to a new environment again.
Another thing to consider, wherever you're going may not allow live plants to be brought in without measures having been taken in advance. What happens if you get there and you can't take the plants in? Will your parents simply turn around and go home, canceling a month long vacation? Or will the plants be discarded, thrown away?
I believe someone coming by a couple times a week to water them would be much easier for you, and much better for the plants.
By Barlapipas 6
Unfortunately I don’t have a big tray to put them all in and the weather now is hot and the plants dry fast. I have taken my old plants on vacation at the same place and I have also left them in my room. I have done both. They grow much better when a take them than when I leave them. After vacation I will probably look for ways to water them while i’m not there so that way they won’t get much stressed.

I have a Mars Hydro and 2 Vivosun 200W lights. The[…]

The above responses are OK, but for the faint of[…]

The only place I have ever found river water to be[…]

Well, I can't enter this one because I can't keep […]

Hello from New England

Man... I miss New England... Welcome! Enjoy the e[…]

Input on Neps placement

I have Diane, Lady Luck, Ventrata and hybrids with[…]

The light requirements for a VFT are such that ind[…]

Finally!!! Rain!!!!

8s, keep looking on Craig's List and any local &qu[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!