FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By grant
So, City Market has had some, actually very nice looking, typicals for a while. But, I basically dont have anymore room for any plants. So I haven't bought any. fast forward a few weeks, to today. Most of the fly traps are gone. and I asked the lady in the floral dept if they had been selling well or if they have been dying? She said they have all been selling. And she said "we need to hurry up and sell the rest of them. When there traps are red, it means they are hungry." I didnt have the heart to her that they dont really NEED to eat anything. And that the red is from light, whether artificial or not. But I was happy to hear that they were all selling :D
By lemonlily
Ahahahahaha!!!! So funny!!!! Red traps are probably a good sign... They're hungry!!! Ahahahahaha!!!
By kevinqwe
maybe she just wanted to get them to be sold to trick others
By Caleboy 123
kevinqwe wrote:maybe she just wanted to get them to be sold to trick others
Haha, probobaly. People could overfeed their fly traps like that!
By grant
Matt wrote:Funny story! What happened to most of your flytraps Grant? Have they perished?
No. They are all still alive. About half of my plants are doing well, and the other half are just hanging on to life. After a few weeks of shock from repotting, I think they are finally settling into their new soil. And they are all starting to put up new growth.

Im watering every 2 - 3 days now. Im going to try watering every 3 days for most of the time. But I've been top watering all of my plants, especially the younger ones, every other day.

Unfortuantely, due to where I live, I just didn't really feel comfortable leaving them outside at night. It gets pretty cold at night, even during the summer here. (maybe next year I will try putting a few of them out to see how they do). But, now that the sun is lower in the sky again; my plants are in a south facing window again, getting about 4.5 -5 hours of direct light. I open the windows in that room every day so they can get as much light as possible and as much air circulation as possible too.

I've heard a few times on this forum, to not give up on your plants. They might survive. So, I haven't given up yet; which I think will pay off :D

I'll post pics in a few weeks or so.
By English Springer
Great story Grant.
Good luck with your plants. I am betting they will pull through with your help.
Peace!
E.S.
By Aging_Bourbon
hahaha that's funny dude.. well hope you're plant's are doing great!

allen,
By mike
I wonder how many ppl actually fell for that line . but i have to give her props for the best sales pitch I've ever herd... :lol: :lol:
Sundew in forest

Why D. capillaris? D. brevifolia is the sundew sp[…]

Oh, that is a solid size. Wonder what it'll look l[…]

Succulents Question

Hello beautiful people! I have a quick question. O[…]

Welp I lost the original post. :shock: Anyhoo I […]

I said the cuttings some of them just kind of die.[…]

I recieved my seeds, yay! Thank you, ChefDean Sen[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

Oo, very nice. That right one is particularly nice[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!