FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By PitcherCrab
I just received some bare root cape sundews from another member and potted them up using 2 parts peat and 1 part perlite. I'm wondering if they will do a better job recovering outside our indoors under a 6500k 42w CFL.
By PitcherCrab
One more question, I put them into one of those little 6 pack plastic pots for starting small plants. I read that they can get pretty large and need a bit of room. I assume they will be fine in there until they get large enough to warrant pots of their own, or when I decide to put them into a mini-bog or something of the sort. Is this assumption correct?
By sundewman
Well, you could very likely transplant them out of those small pots soon. If you received them bare root, I'm guessing they're easily large enough to be put in their own 4-inch pots already, if you want them to grow as quickly as possible. You may want to grow them outdoors, because not only does it save electricity, but they also can catch plenty of food on their own out there, which will allow them to grow much faster. For random info, you can check out this link...http://www.growsundews.com/sundews/Dros ... ensis.html
By PitcherCrab
mitch wrote:how deep is the pots you have em in now?
I'd say 3 1/2 - 4". They are the larger size of those little 6 packs, but still not that big.
Sundew in forest

Why D. capillaris? D. brevifolia is the sundew sp[…]

Oh, that is a solid size. Wonder what it'll look l[…]

Succulents Question

Hello beautiful people! I have a quick question. O[…]

Welp I lost the original post. :shock: Anyhoo I […]

I said the cuttings some of them just kind of die.[…]

I recieved my seeds, yay! Thank you, ChefDean Sen[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

Oo, very nice. That right one is particularly nice[…]

She definitely needs to go outside, yes. Keep her […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!