FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By KD72
Dormancy in the tropics have been discussed quite a lot. On that note, without forcing dormancy via fridge method or lowering artificial light duration, will venus fly traps flower in places with tropical climate aside from stress-induced ones?
By andynorth
KD72 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:09 am Dormancy in the tropics have been discussed quite a lot. On that note, without forcing dormancy via fridge method or lowering artificial light duration, will venus fly traps flower in places with tropical climate aside from stress-induced ones?
I purchased some purps from a local seller this past summer and he threw in a VFT. No name or anything so it was a freebie. I decided rather than put it out with the rest that I would put it in my grow tent to see how it does. I have lights on for 21 hours a day. The darn thing has thrown up several flowers. Rather than cut them I decided to let them go and they are blooming and doing great.
By scarlet-moon-83
Yes they'll flower fine. Below are one of my flytrap with flower bud. SE Asia, tropic, outdoors all year round.
IMG_062033.jpg
IMG_062033.jpg (2.36 MiB) Viewed 310 times
plantnerdjules liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!