As usual, here are the rules:
1. You can share only pictures you took personally.
2. You can submit only 1 photo for this contest.
3. Pictures shared in previous contests are not eligible.
4. Minimally edited photos only. No effects, or filters. Cropping is okay.
5. The winner will be the entries with the highest number of thumbs up (likes) votes.
6. Only votes from members with at least 5 posts will count.
7. This contest is open internationally, although there will be an alternate prize for international winners.
Since we are celebrating sarracenia this month, @Matt and Leah from The Flytrap Store are providing a Sarracenia leucophylla AJ01 for our prize.
From the ]Flytrap Store website:
"An extremely vigorous white-topped pitcher plant, Sarracenia leucophylla AJ01 produces very large and wide pitchers with colorfully red-veined "wavy" lids. AJ01 is a must-have for any Sarracenia lover!Now, since it is winter, I know that most of your sarrs are looking rather sarry (see what I did there). You may have to dig through the hundereds of pictures on your phone to find your perfect pitcher. I'm not the only one with hundreds of plant pictures, am I?
Sarracenia leucophylla AJ01 has been in circulation for many years -- a testament to its prowess! It is an exceptionally vigorous grower that gets great size and amazing coloration. Pitchers on a mature plant regularly reach near 3 feet in height! [Its] pitchers start off bright white with green veining early in the growing season. As the season progresses, the veining at the top of the pitchers and on the pitcher lips becomes more and more colorful ultimately becoming a gorgeous deep red color.
So, share your pictures and vote for your favorites. Let's go!