FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
<SWOOSH!!!!!!!!!!> And just like that my billfold was a lot lighter than it was before!!!!! :o

Needing badly to get better organized with my grow shelves (and everything else), I had been discussing clear pots, non-clear pots, 1020 trays, organization, the demise of detachable pull-tabs (just think, if there had not been detachable pull-tabs we would not have a great song to listen to!), etc.,. I talked a bit with some very good enablers growers here and I decided to bite the bullet and order some 1020 trays. Having in years past used the light-weight versions from Wallyworld or wherever for starting seeds and recalling how flimsy they were I decided to bite the bullet and order some good ones. Perusing (nice word, eh? 8-) ) the forum and reading a thread or two about Bootstrap Farmer's white trays, I went ahead and punched the button on some yesterday. I bought a 5-pack of trays and while I was at it I grabbed a couple of humidity domes to go with them. The 5-pack looks like has risen in price from $7 a tray to around $8.60 per tray in two years (our wonderful economy :evil: ). And that was about the total of my Black Fish Day Weekend Cyber Day After Sunday purchases. :mrgreen:

So, now I need to get over there and do a little more grow light square-dancing to get ready for "the change". :D
andynorth liked this
By Anzenix
Yeah I pretty much reach the same conclusion and will be getting the same 1020 White Trays as well! You had the same questions I did so the info. helped me out too haha I'll need to start the whole process soon so I better start buying up stuff now
By MikeB
I've been using a few of Bootstrap's white 1020 trays. Many of my regular white trays have already cracked (even with a web tray underneath for extra support), but Bootstrap's are thick and sturdy. They also have extra-strength trays in black. The trays are a bit pricey, but I expect each one to outlast 3 or 4 regular trays.
By andynorth
elaineo wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:16 pm now, i'm a strong proponent of supporting small businesses like Bootstrap Farmer... but i will say that my favorite trays have been the white dishpans from walmart or dollar tree. Square-ish, tall sides, thick plastic, stiff upper lip.
Do you by chancehave a pic of what you use? I am going to Walmart and Dollar Tree is on the way so I wouldd like to look at these. Thank you
By Intheswamp
I probably could have gotten by with the cheaper ones but I decided to go this route. They should last me a long time. I'm curious as to how they will hold up under the sun down here. I've got some containers that simply fall apart after a summer...thankfully no major catastrophies have happened! :D I've shopped Wallyworld, DollarTrees, etc., along with dumpster diving (if ya know what I mean). I'll still be using some of those containers but I hope to get more organized with my pots. It seems with the oddball containers that I'm leaving lots of gaps under the lights due to the containers simply not fitting snug together. I'm sure I could do a better job arranging them but then here comes another container of "something" and the arrangement has to be altered, again. I've used Sterilite 18-quart containers a lot in the past with vegetable seedlings and they work great growing pepper and tomato seedlings to transplant size. But, they are very tall-sided for working with low-growing plants. I'm hoping that the 1020 trays will remove a lot of dead space (space between smaller water trays) under my lights. We'll see how it goes. ;)
elaineo, MikeB liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!