FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By andynorth
Does anyone know where I can find the list of endangered CP species? I just acquired an Oreophila that is on the list and I would like to see if I can possibly find more within WA State.
By ChefDean
That I've seen, it's not broken down like that, only separated out into plants and animals. All the federally listed endangered plants are on one list, you just have to look down it's entirety to see what's there.
Individual states might have something more specific for their own label of endangered, but not likely.
andynorth liked this
By Intheswamp
*Sarracenia oreophila Green pitcher-plant Sarraceniaceae Flowering Plants Endangered Wherever found
*Sarracenia rubra ssp. alabamensis Alabama canebrake pitcher-plant Sarraceniaceae Flowering Plants Endangered Wherever found
*Sarracenia rubra ssp. jonesii Mountain sweet pitcher-plant Sarraceniaceae Flowering Plants Endangered Wherever found

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but those are the three sarrs that I saw on this list: ECOS Environmental Conservation Online System
andynorth liked this
By MikeB
FYI:

Sarracenia rubra ssp. alabamensis = Sarracenia alabamensis
Sarracenia rubra ssp. jonesii = Sarracenia jonesii

Depends on who you ask and what classification nomenclature they're using.
By andynorth
Intheswamp wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:49 pm *Sarracenia oreophila Green pitcher-plant Sarraceniaceae Flowering Plants Endangered Wherever found
*Sarracenia rubra ssp. alabamensis Alabama canebrake pitcher-plant Sarraceniaceae Flowering Plants Endangered Wherever found
*Sarracenia rubra ssp. jonesii Mountain sweet pitcher-plant Sarraceniaceae Flowering Plants Endangered Wherever found

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but those are the three sarrs that I saw on this list: ECOS Environmental Conservation Online System
That helps. Good to know there are only 3 thus far. I am glad I have one. I think I will let it grow in my greenhouse throughout winter and wait until next season for it to go dormant. I want to baby it and nourish it and keep a really close eye on it through winter. Come Spring time I will let it join the rest of them outside.
Peter D'Amato passed today

I'm sorry to hear this.

Hello from Chicago, Illinois.

I'm just starting out with carnivorous plants &[…]

Has anyone heard about this population of giant tr[…]

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!