FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Hello everyone,

After a few days of hard work, I finally have the community extension added to the site. You can find it here:
Carnivorous Plant Community

I see this primarily being used as an easy way for people to upload and organize their photos. But it has FAR more capability than this! If you are familiar with any of the typical networking sites such as myspace, facebook and twitter, then this extension to the website will be fairly easy for you to grasp. You can create a profile, make friends, send messages (yes this is duplicated in the forum), create and join groups, post activities (such as carnivorous plant society meetings or sales) and much more. I hope that it allows people to connect easier and trade and sell plants to each other along with exchanging growing tips and photos. It centralizes any comments that you've made and all of your blog postings as well (if you add those applications) so that people can easily keep up with your blogs and comments. It is also possible to locate people in your area that are members. The community is still pretty small, but if it grows, I think that this addition will be very useful.

Please test it out and tell me what you think. I haven't done much in the way of group categories, or making a bunch of fields for the profile customization, so if you want me to add anything to those, just ask.

I can't wait to hear some feedback!
By lemonlily
Matt,

Congradulations! You have made your "community" thing. Whatever it is. I don't know how to use it. How do I use it? I have another question. What does adding friends do?
By lemonlily
Well, I wouldn't be using it as far as I know. I don't even know how to. I'll stick with this instead.
By Matt
lemonlily wrote:Well, I wouldn't be using it as far as I know. I don't even know how to. I'll stick with this instead.
If you want to change your avatar (the little photo of you that shows on the right side of the forum), it's much easier now. Just go to Profile -< Change profile picture.

If you want to upload photos, it's really easy. You just go to Applications -> Photos, then click on Create Album and start uploading.

Really, if you just start clicking around it's pretty intuitive.
By lemonlily
Are you serious? You are a web programmer and I'm just a kid. :D
By linton
Hi Matt, well done - A triumph! Heaps easier to upload photos too.
By lemonlily
Wow... I can't believe I just added some photos! I do know how to use it? :mrgreen:
By Matt
lemonlily wrote:Wow... I can't believe I just added some photos! I do know how to use it? :mrgreen:
Well done lily!

I also made the integration between the phpBB3 forum and the community add-on a little tighter. If you try to update your profile or avatar, you will be redirected to the community page to do these things.

I also linked everyone's name to their community profile page instead of their phpBB3 profile page.
By lemonlily
Matt wrote:
lemonlily wrote:Wow... I can't believe I just added some photos! I do know how to use it? :mrgreen:
Well done lily!

I also made the integration between the phpBB3 forum and the community add-on a little tighter. If you try to update your profile or avatar, you will be redirected to the community page to do these things.

I also linked everyone's name to their community profile page instead of their phpBB3 profile page.
Thanks Matt.
What is phpBB3 (profile page)?
By lemonlily
I have a question. How do I say something back for the photos? It worked the first time but I can't respond to anything. The box where you 'add comment' is gone. I tried to remove some 'comments' but it didn't work. It wasted effort of someone else saying things. But I thought it could only hold three 'comments' so I did that. Oops. They were my favourite comments...
By Matt
Lily,

There is a bug in the software somewhere that hides the box. I've gotten around it by going back to my main profile page and then going to the photo pages. Try going to your profile here:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/carnivorous- ... userid=267
and then onto the page that you want to add a comment to.

Hopefully that bug will be fixed soon.
By lemonlily
How do you know there is a bug?
Black tips on drosera regia

It's probably nothing, as the whole plant seems to[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome to the forum!

Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

My 'Mimis Kiss' is finally growing pitchers again[…]

Hello , I can help with the Drosera if you are sti[…]

First flower stalk on VFT

I might let the biggest flower stalk flower but c[…]

I repotted some of the vft's from the flower stal[…]

Is this a steal?

The first one is a Nepenthes x 'Ventrata' like Pan[…]

...and now you know better how to plan. ;)

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!