FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post your experience here, good or bad, to help others in future transactions

Moderator: Matt

By andynorth
This guy claims to have the largest collection of FLAVA in the WORLD. He is north of Seattle but does not allow visitors to his greenhouses. He "Says" he has plans to in the future. If I had that kind of collection I would want it open to the public, but that's just me. Scroll down to Description. Nice looking plants though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115913132319?h ... R4zGrrfRYg
By ChefDean
I've heard of him, and heard good things about him, but never purchased from him.
As to not allowing visitors, that's not surprising, and I wouldn't be surprised if he never allowed them. There have been many stories about growers allowing people to come look, only to get robbed a few days later. Mostly losing a lot of plants worth a few bucks each. But it adds up. There was one guy who was hit, and the thieves bypassed many uncommon plants to hit his rare, high dollar Neps. A few plants were valued in the low to mid four figures. To my knowledge, none of those plants have ever resurfaced.
By MikeB
dj_almightydolla is Steve Galic. He's on the board of directors for the North American Sarracenia Conservancy (Administrator of Plant Materials). I've bid on some of his eBay auctions, but the prices always go too high for my wallet.
andynorth liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!