FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Ewreck
Can I just spray some of my 3in1 solution just into the water tray and plants will absorb it? My capes had pests which I believe are gone now and are finally starting to grow new leaves that aren’t black tipped and deformed from all the neem I sprayed them with and bioadvance(I think it was the neem that made them look so rough not the bioadvance?) so I’m curious if the roots will intake it? Since it’s a systemic(I think this is the word for it) it will absorb it and kill anything that tries to eat it?
By ChefDean
There will be a slight systemic effect, but putting it in the water would dilute it so much as to be ineffective. 3 in 1 is primarily a topical insecticide, so it would be much more effective to lightly spray once a week. The plant will absorb some and have a better systemic effect then,still slight, but better without it having been diluted by the water.
Ewreck liked this
By Apollyon
You should also spray it into the media to kill any potential eggs that are buried in the soil. It won't harm the plant. Putting it in the water trays will mess with the concentration. If it's for something like sundews, I take out the water from the tray for a day or so to let the stuff work and then resume it.
Ewreck liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!