FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By gavin417
I just got my hands on a 40 gal breeder that I plan to make into a potted highlander nep tank. What kind of lighting would you suggest? Would 3 or 4 of the cheap t5 grow bulbs at walmart work? I will probably end up building a hood. Also, a somewhat unrelated question, would heliamphora do well in a nep tank such as this? From what I have read they would but I have never grown one.
Thanks!

If the walmart bulbs wont work just give me all the specs on what kind of bulbs I should be using. I also work at a pet store that is well known for our saltwater tanks and reptiles, so we sell virtually every kind of t5 bulb.
Thanks again!
gavin417 liked this
By gavin417
Thanks! my exoterras are a little to small for my current collection so I figure its time to expand! Would it be a good idea to maybe put more than one on the tank?
By gavin417
I found 3ft bulbs at 6700k. Would that be ok? I also bought a quiet fan and a T5 retrofitting kit today. Tomorrow, the building begins.......
By nep lover
Ae9803 wrote:How many lumens Erik? Like I said wattage and lumens are everything what are u pushing?
I got a UltraGrow T5 High Output Fluorescent System that pumps out 8000 lumens. http://www.thehydrosource.com/Lighting/ ... d76446bd01
NASC Auction

Moderators please remove if not allowed. . Terraf[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Intermedia

I may have made a mistake, but I did something. S[…]

SASE send. Thank you. Sent from my SM-S918U1 usi[…]

Done. Order received. Your order number is 1669. […]

Order received. Your order number is 1668. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!