FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By htbm
When I bought this sad little thing last month it was all green and wilted with 5 mature traps and 3 baby traps. I repotted it and gave it sun. A week later [first picture] it had gotten some color and growth on the babies. I fed it a squished fly one week and some rehydrated bloodworms another. Yesterday it caught something itself for the first time and while some old now-sunburned traps are starting to die off, it has a good 4 or 5 baby traps shooting up strong and proud [second picture]. It may still look a bit said, but with all that new growth I think it is well on its way to being happy here, no? I just hope it didn't get too ahead of itself and catch something too big.
Attachments:
VFTJul17.jpg
VFTJul17.jpg (73.6 KiB) Viewed 1891 times
VFTAug11.jpg
VFTAug11.jpg (81.37 KiB) Viewed 1891 times
By htbm
9/1 update. I've not fed this VFT (#1, Gubler) since it caught its first meal after I got it. Today I see at least 3, maybe 4 or 5 (unless they've just not opened yet) traps currently feeding and it's kinda growing like gangbusters. Meanwhile VFT #2 (Rocket Farms) acquired about 3 weeks ago and planted in a peat+perlite+sand mix rather than all LFS has yet to show any signs of recovery. Probably should not have split it while it wasn't dormant and/or should've stuck with LFS. :(
Attachments:
VFT_1.jpg
VFT_1.jpg (75.24 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
VFT_2.jpg
VFT_2.jpg (94.8 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
andynorth liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!