FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Anisaurus
I got this nepenthes from a local nursery for 27.95 and I am regretting every other purchase I have made previously that were so much smaller. The nursery one also has like 4 basal offshoots

1st pic the new one from nursery and the second is the size I had last time that I payed 21$ for
Attachments:
IMG_2690.jpeg
IMG_2690.jpeg (2.53 MiB) Viewed 357 times
IMG_2821.jpeg
IMG_2821.jpeg (2.8 MiB) Viewed 357 times
By andynorth
When it coms to CP's you just never know. A plant is worth whatever a person is willing to pay at the time they purchase it. Some people (myself included) like to take a chance on eBay and other auction sites. I got lucky and met a couple of great sellers that I will buy from again. One of the sellers always throws in extras which is how my interest in endangered species emerged. Florae is a great auction site for Neps from what I have heard. The price for Neps varies widely from one plant to the next. I guess the question would be whether they are the same plant or not?
By Panman
Those are two different varieties of nepenthes. The big one is a ventrata and they are a dime a dozen. The other is probably species which would make it pricier.
andynorth liked this
By cpgrower126
The first one is a Nepenthes x 'Ventrata' like Panman said. The second one is a N x 'St. Gaya'. The plant is pretty much worth as much as anyone will pay for it as Andy north said.
andynorth liked this
By Fishkeeper
That larger one is quite nice for that price, yes, I'd say. Not at all rare, but that's a good size. The smaller is a fair price.
Tap water

Peat and perlite is the mix i used hope its good ([…]

Can vft survive windy days?

Ok thanks. I will try not to create a venus Flying[…]

Plant Mail

Let’s make these plants look their best ;)

Hi!

Welcome! Check out the care info at https://www.[…]

Feeding fish food to CP’s?

Not sure about your foods but i use "tetra be[…]

Your vft will be fine for a few days, but you shou[…]

Fortunately you caught it fairly soon. Do you have[…]

Our Postal Workers Hard At It

Or, they're just nuts. I'm gonna go with this […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!