FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Zero
Hello everyone hope you doing great!
So I live at Greece, with really hot summers that in recent years the temperatures might go above 40C with low humidity. If you have visited Greece for vacations you understand what i mean :D .
I have decided to get some venus flytraps and sarracenias. Please can you inform me about clones, cultivars and species that can tolerate these harsh conditions of the summer months? For me, my psittacina is doing really great at the summer.
Thank you!!
By cpgrower126
I'd most sarracenia are pretty heat tolerant (just make sure the water tray's are filled). As for humidity, sarracenia are also pretty tolerant of low humidity. For flytraps, in the wild, their temperatures can sometimes go above a hundred degrees, so as long as the temp doesn't go to high, you should be fine (If temps go above 40 degrees, then bring to shaded area or inside). Happy growing!
By Zero
Thank you for your reply.
In general the plants are growing well in these conditions you said.
But is there a specific clone,cultivar that is thriving extreme conditions that others cant?
By cpgrower126
For flytraps, any clone is suitable, but I have heard that all red flytrap like 'Red Dragon' don't like to much heat. As for sarracenia, I believe Leucophylla is more tolerant of warmer weather due to the areas it grows in. However, I have heard of people growing their sarracenia in 45 degrees +, and all their plants do fine. Just wondering, where do you get your carnivorous plants from in Greece?
By Zero
Thanks for the info. I dont get them from Greece, nobody have interest in these plants. I get them from growers aroud EU.
New to carnivorous plants!

I wonder if the fibers death cube traps come in[…]

Help with care for my VFT

You're checking all the boxes, except for the ligh[…]

Goodness, that's quite a difference! I'm pretty […]

Pest control question

Hey all. My Sarrs got hit with thrips this Spring […]

I'd like to give her some of these when they're […]

baby sundew found in mu bog pot

I just found these in my bog pot I didn't let any […]

doing research before buying a ping

I'm thinking of buying a p. gigantea but I don't k[…]

Help! My VFT is dying

So is morning sun better than afternoon sun? I hav[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!