FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Giselle
Hello, I'm Giselle

I'm new to this forum and I currently own 11 Venus flytraps of various kinds. I am still a bit new to keeping Venus flytraps and I think this forum would help me care for my Venus flytraps better.

My oldest Venus flytrap is a typical that I got at trader joes. I had this Venus flytrap for a year, and it was doing very well after its first dormancy.

I changed the soil a week or two ago and I also split up the Venus flytrap from the rhizome for the first time. There are currently 6 small Venus flytraps in the same pot (I hope it isn't too overcrowded, but I am afraid to take it out of the soil again; I also didn't have any other pots at the moment when I did repot it). The pot I am using is 6 inches across and 5 inches deep.

It started to not do well the past few days with some traps becoming shriveled and some getting patches. I provided pictures of the Venus flytraps. I know the growth is supposed to slow after the first few weeks of being in new soil, but I just want to be sure it isn't sick.

Thank you! :mrgreen:
Attachments:
My sick venus flytrap photo 1
My sick venus flytrap photo 1
20240417_133302.jpg (3.12 MiB) Viewed 319 times
My sick venus flytrap photo 2
My sick venus flytrap photo 2
20240417_133332.jpg (2.22 MiB) Viewed 319 times
My sick venus flytrap photo 3
My sick venus flytrap photo 3
20240417_133327.jpg (3.16 MiB) Viewed 319 times
My sick venus flytrap photo 4
My sick venus flytrap photo 4
20240417_133321.jpg (3.23 MiB) Viewed 319 times
My sick venus flytrap photo 5
My sick venus flytrap photo 5
20240417_133313.jpg (2.26 MiB) Viewed 319 times
By Panman
It doesn't look terrible for a repot after dormancy. Are you using the same soil that you used for the other plants? Did you make sure that the soil was wet before potting them?
Giselle liked this
By Giselle
I put this venus flytrap in a different type of soil than it had before. The soil was from venus flytrap store. I will wear the soil more. I rinsed the soil before repotting it but I added more soil because I thought it was too deep in the pot (that's why it looks a little dry on the top). I will give it some water to wet the top. Thank you so much for the help everyone! I feel better now knowing it isn't dying. :mrgreen:
andynorth liked this

SASE is in my possession.

SASE has been received, all is well with the world[…]

Cactus Care

I think they look nice in the pot they are in for[…]

Oh yeah I forgot to post a couple things I was loo[…]

Another flower popped

Hey all, another flower popped last night from an […]

Hello, I would like to request SD-23-005 D. felix[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1651. I'll PM[…]

1 year old cape!

I would really be interested in getting some see[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!