FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By davinstewart
I'm seeing occasional whispy white fungus on my 'Western Venom' cephalotus pitchers. It seems to be more prominent on pitchers that have fertilizer or prey in them.

Has anyone else seen this before? If so, have you found a decent fix?

I'm thinking about using a systemic fungicide like azoxystrobin on the plant but am not sure how well cephalotus tolerate that.

Thanks and please let me know,
Davin
By ChefDean
Usually that wispy fuzz isn't an issue, as long as it stays wispy. Try increasing the airflow, that usually solves it. Chemicals only as a last resort.
By Huntsmanshorn
I get this on one of my Cephs every once in a while. It usually starts out on the traps then spreads, then to the normal leaves, and then the plant starts to decline. I've let it continue for several months just to see what would happen, but I always chicken out before the plant dies and treat it with a systemic, so far the Ceph always bounces back quickly with no lingering harm done.
ChefDean, davinstewart liked this
By davinstewart
Thanks you! What did you use? I've got topicals but will need to pick up a systemic and want to make sure I get one that's compatible with the plant.
Huntsmanshorn wrote:I get this on one of my Cephs every once in a while. It usually starts out on the traps then spreads, then to the normal leaves, and then the plant starts to decline. I've let it continue for several months just to see what would happen, but I always chicken out before the plant dies and treat it with a systemic, so far the Ceph always bounces back quickly with no lingering harm done.
By Huntsmanshorn
davinstewart wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:24 pm Upon doing further research, it looks like the systemic fungicide of choice is BioAdvanced 708287 3-in-1 Insect Disease & Mite Control Spray a.k.a. Tebuconazole.

I just ordered some from Amazon and we'll see how it works out!
Yup, good stuff. I have also used "Infuse" with good results.

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!