FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By McCWells
Hi! I've been ordering from PetFlyTrap for a long time, but since I moved recently and am having to have pretty much a fresh start, I have been wanting to see if there was any better platform to use. Thanks in advance! :D
By MikeB
The first place would be The Flytrap Store, sponsor of this forum. :)

What plants are you interested in? I realize that you said "in general", but some stores are better stocked in particular species than others.
Panman, McCWells, Dan V and 4 others liked this
By Intheswamp
Welcome to the forum! Well, there's a lot of growers in this forum that sometimes have extras they want to sell at some very fair prices. You might make a post asking if anybody has the specific plants that you're looking for.

www.flytrapstore.com/store that hosts the forum is a very reputable grower and seller...they're a longtime grower, very knowledgeable and have some really nice plants.
Dan V, sans liked this
By sans
Plus go to the seed bank and get some free seeds there.
Intheswamp liked this
By MikeB
McCWells wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:27 am I am particularly interested in for Sarracenia, and Sundews at the moment.
Definitely give The Flytrap Store a good look. They have a lot of flytraps, but I've also purchased some nice Sarracenia from them.

If you don't see what you're looking for there, try Flytrap King. It's an ironic name because he only offers two types of flytraps for sale but lots of Sarracenia, both species and hybrids. The nursery is located near Asheville, North Carolina, so it's a quick trip from there to your location.
By NightRaider
MikeB wrote:If you don't see what you're looking for there, try Flytrap King. It's an ironic name because he only offers two types of flytraps for sale but lots of Sarracenia, both species and hybrids. The nursery is located near Asheville, North Carolina, so it's a quick trip from there to your location.
I have no idea how I didn't know about this place already, but thanks for the day trip idea. And just as I'm getting ready to build a water table, no less.
McCWells wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:27 amI am particularly interested in for Sarracenia, and Sundews at the moment.
For Sarracenia I would also recommend checking with Mike Wang, though his inventory could be a little overwhelming if you're just starting out. For Drosera I know the seed bank has already been mentioned and it is absolutely a great resource, but personally I would instead second this recommendation to get some experience with adult plants before trying to grow from seed (not that there's anything wrong with attempting seeds of course, there's plenty to go around):
Intheswamp wrote:Well, there's a lot of growers in this forum that sometimes have extras they want to sell at some very fair prices. You might make a post asking if anybody has the specific plants that you're looking for.
By WONE
McCWells wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:27 am I am particularly interested in for Sarracenia, and Sundews at the moment.
Well I see that what I originally put here has all ready been recommended.

So I'll point out this fellow. If you're looking for young seed grown sarracenia crosses, then try https://americanpitcherplant.com/collections/all
FYI all of the plants he sells are under growlights.
By Supercazzola
My flytraps came from Matt and Leah’s store, as others have mentioned - support them for this wonderful forum.

My Sarracenia typically were Mike Wang, Sarracenia North West, or from members on this forum.

My Nepenthes usually from Carnivero, Manny Herrera, Florae Collaborative, and Dean Cook’s Carnivores .

I’m sure I’m forgetting some, but hope that helps some.
By evenwind
You left off sundews: John's Carnivorous Plants and Rainbow Carnivorous Plants. And once you know what you're doing: Insectsinside Nursery.
1 year old cape!

Pushing out a flower stalk for the first time. […]

Congratulations! Those are beautiful plants. I&r[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!