FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Sundews69
Lately I've been noticing a lot of my plants (specifically my sundews) have been looking sad and shrinking back. I accidentally let them dry out but don't think it would effect them so hard. My binata "small red form" lost all of it's foliage and flowers. Can someone help me figure out whats going on?
D. spatulata "Tamlin"
D. spatulata "Tamlin"
20230117_192839.jpg (7.33 MiB) Viewed 1202 times
D. spatulata "Royal Nat'l Park, Sydney"
D. spatulata "Royal Nat'l Park, Sydney"
20230117_192811.jpg (9.59 MiB) Viewed 1202 times
I would add a pic of binata but every time I try to add one the pic is too big lol.
By Nepenthes0260
Temps might be off (I've seen similar symptoms for too warm and too cold) and the excessive flowering may be drawing too much energy from the leafy rosette of the plant. Whenever my dews are looking funky I give them a repot + bag... I'm going to say that around 50% of the time it completely fixes the issue. ;)
Sundews69 liked this
By Sundews69
I added some cooler lights to my wish list (my current ones are very hot) but I haven't received all of my gifts yet. I'll order them myself if I don't get them. Do you find that the dews that need repotting are plants that have been in that pot for a while? Mine have only been in their current pots for 6 months. Thanks for the help!
By Nepenthes0260
Usually, yes. Although certain environmental conditions can speed up peat degradation, resulting in bad media earlier than anticipated.
By Barlapipas 6
They kinda look like my capensis but yours are a bit worse. I suppose it’s the temperature or the sunlight. Mine for some reason don’t like too much sun and they turn red and the tentacles become crispy without dew on them.
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!