FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By hayproz13579
Yes they are benacles. Bernacles are creature from the sea that attached to the rock. The thing you saw moving out and in is their tounge. It is for catching planktons.
By Intheswamp
"Bernacles" are friends of Bernie Sanders who are older than he is (very few that are that old are still in existence).
"Benacles" are very much older friends of "Ben", as in "Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream".
"Barnacles" can be parasites, sucking the energy out of living creatures if they attach to them, or non-parasitic ones. The non-parasitic ones pose no real use, attaching themselves to inanimate objects and even slowing moving objects, such as ships down, due to the drag they create. Both types are similar to politicians and are not-so-distant cousins.

You're welcome.
By Intheswamp
Armadillo goes below possum, btw. And, Dean, for armadillos...it's hot sauce... I've had to, ah, "dispatch" a few armadillos around here in the past...
Attachments:
Buzzardbreakfast2.jpg
Buzzardbreakfast2.jpg (566.31 KiB) Viewed 5633 times
John W, Blackfeather666 liked this
By davinstewart
Don't listen to these guys! The venus flytrap x marijuana (or D. muscipula 'chronic') is a highly desired plant that is in short supply!

For those in possession of this incredible breed, they can get massively off their face from a single bong/planter hit.

Beware, though, because you may start craving creepy crawlies for snacks! Word to the wise, stock up on chocolate covered crickets.
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:Those are barnacles.
By Intheswamp
Come on. Buzzards gotta eat, too!!! Plus, Hansen's disease as a side dish requires too much careful cooking or things just kinda start falling apart.

Btw, I have a book narrated by an old buzzard...."The Old Buzzard's Soaring Book". He knows his stuff, too!!!! :mrgreen:
elaineo liked this
By Intheswamp
elaineo, you may have a point, though. Those armadillo are usually grain fed...like lots of commercial livestock. They're a bit different, though, as their main grain is barley...you can tell that by all the drunk armadillos on the side of the road, laying on their backs chug-a-lugging beer. ;)
By MikeB
davinstewart wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:23 pm Don't listen to these guys! The venus flytrap x marijuana (or D. muscipula 'chronic') is a highly desired plant that is in short supply!
Grower's warning: When the plant gets the munchies, keep your distance.
Intheswamp liked this

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!