FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Gary
Prescott, just about in the center of the state. My sundews are starting to lose some color due the lack of sun. Today is the first reasonably clear day we've had for the past 2-3 weeks. Thinking of investing in some lighting systems.
By Bluefire
The structure of my house means that there's only one usable windowsill despite the amount of sun we get. That isn't enough for a my plants, especially considering highland vs. lowland plants needing different temperatures. As a result, I've had to compensate with a grow light someone was giving away. It works relatively well and the plants seem to be behaving the same under it as they did on the windowsills at my old house, where I did get a lot of sunlight.
By Gary
Same problem here. The windows in front of the house don't get summer sun and the back windows don't get anything until nearly sunset. Fortunately I have a second story deck that gets sun all summer. In winter, the sun dips too low and goes behind the house. A grow light is starting to sound more like a necessity than a luxury.
Anyway, I harvested a bunch of the subulata seeds and will set up the pot this week. Given their tendency to spread, I may be playing with fire and regretting this in a few weeks, but I want to see if I can get some flowers to open.
By tommyr
I grow livida, sandersonii and reniformis in a west window.
By Gary
I scattered some subulata seeds in a fresh pot of peat/Perlite about week ago. I'm hoping to see this generation produce some actual flowers. If none appear, I'll go ahead and invest in some flowering perennials.
Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

So, what's your watering frequency? :)

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Drosera germination time

I planted seven different types of seeds on 03/09/[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!