FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By WhereAmI
Got my seeds today! Nicely packaged and laughed a little at the comment on the back of the envelope lol. Going home in about 30 minutes and gonna have lots of fun getting these seeds a new home. Can't wait!!!! Thanks again!
By SDCPs
WhereAmI wrote:Got my seeds today! Nicely packaged and laughed a little at the comment on the back of the envelope lol. Going home in about 30 minutes and gonna have lots of fun getting these seeds a new home. Can't wait!!!! Thanks again!
Yes Sir, I was wondering who you are. You seriously saved someone's neck with those donations (someone who didn't read the rules) ;)

Thanks!
By pyrotuc
sorry this is tardy, last week or so i started noticing tiiiiiny sprouts of the sundews. theres only 3 of them, and no more have appeared since those three, despite me having put several of those seed packs. im hoping they just need time. the locations of the sprouts are also exactly where i had put the seeds from a different type of sundew, the one thats kinda more short and fat ( cant remember the name, but they came from a member here)

however, i realize its most likely a fault in my methods rather than the seeds not being viable, or, since the other drosera seeds were added before the ones i got here, they may just need more time. im hoping thats all it is. ill try to get some pictures posted in another thread somewhere

*UPDATE*
these seeds are awesome and the fault was definitely mine. I was just too impatient and I let too much of the top layer get too dry. they sections that didnt dry out are pretty cluttered now! oh woe is me! what can i do besides send off for a bunch more! Very satisfied with your seeds and I will be sending you another envelope soon.
Last edited by pyrotuc on Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Starchy
LarryBoy99 wrote:Hey starchy, let me know how yours do. The seeds i got never germinated :( but all the seeds i got at the same time from another member and even the ones i got last week all have germinated and are doing well.
yeah, I think we got seeds from the same people, and just had different stories. My last 2 batches never germinated (though it has been 1 month, and I know they can germinate much later than that). I will keep you posted on this batch. I am doing a mix with more silica sand, since Indica tend to like drier climates and sandier mediums.
By Travs
I figured i would post back here and let everyone know that i have finally noticed some germination from the packet of seeds i got. I had actually noticed it about the beginning of this week but it was only one teeny tiny little green spot and i wanted to be able to make a clear i.d. and verify it was indeed a sundew before i posted back here. Well today i have about 6 or 7 little green spots in all and the first one is starting to form hairs/tentacles (i dont know what the technical term is). just in case anyone is wondering i sowed my entire packet in a small 4 inch plastic pot onto nothing but basically pure peat moss (there is a thin layer of perlite in the bottom but it was literally only a few pieces as im starting to hate the stuff somewhat) and sat it in my window with my vft. it sat there in a small bowl with maybe a half inch of water most of the time. I did let it dry out a little from time to time, though never completely. This was all done on July 21st (wrote it down lol) this was my first time germinating any cp so im pretty excited about it. Neways figured i would post my experience in case it may help someone else. Thnx again for the seeds i cant wait to have some mature plants!

From what I remember, one quarter teaspoon per gal[…]

worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!