FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

FlytrapCare Forum periodic photo contests

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
Let's start off the June contest with a little Latin lesson. Did you know that the scientific name for the Venus Flytrap can be translated as "Daughter of Dione (Aphrodite[Venus]) mouse trap (fly trap). Weird and neat, just like these plants. If you haven't figured it out yet, this month's contest features those beautiful flytraps. Typicals, cultivars, mutants, clusters, flowers; if it has flytraps, we want to see it.

As usual, here are the rules:
  1. You can submit 1 photograph for this contest.
  2. It must be your own picture.
  3. Pictures shared in previous contests are not eligible.
  4. Minimally edited photos only. No effects, filters or collages. Cropping is okay.
  5. The winner will be the entry with the highest number of thumbs up (likes) votes.
  6. Only votes from members with at least 5 posts will count.
  7. Members who have won within the past three months are not eligible for prizes but you can still enter.
  8. This contest is open internationally with an alternate prize for the winner.
This month, @Matt and Leah from the FlytrapStore are giving away a DC XL Flytrap.
From the FlytrapStore website:
This is it! THE LARGEST TRAPS WE'VE EVER SEEN! Out of the thousands of flytraps we have growing here at FlytrapStore, DC XL grows the largest traps of any flytrap we've ever grown. The first traps in spring are usually the largest and can approach 2 inches in size on a fully grown DC XL flytrap. In addition to being ginormous for a Venus flytrap, DC XL is also an extraordinarily hardy grower, more than any other type we know of. DC XL is a handsome hardy monster flytrap, and we learn to love it more and more as we watch it grow over the seasons.

The challenger to B52 for the "world's largest traps" title. The "DC" in DC XL is for David Conner, the original source for the single plant of DC XL we obtained and subsequently grew and propagated in tissue culture in the FlytrapStore Lab. David Conner is also the original tissue-culture source of the famous B52 Venus Flytrap.
Get out your camera (or phones) and snap some shots of those beautiful traps!
By DewsandTraps
I just happened to take a whole bunch of pictures a week ago of some of my flytraps. This one is SD Kronos and Flaming Lips. Also don't mind any of the other plants trying to get in the pic. :lol:
Attachments:
IMG_3181.jpg
IMG_3181.jpg (241.62 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
Panman, optique, andynorth and 3 others liked this
By ChefDean
One of my newest acquisitions, the double traps of "Hannika's Butterfly".
20240603_162206.jpg
20240603_162206.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 1833 times
optique, Panman, andynorth and 4 others liked this
By Panman
Royal Red
Attachments:
CM240609-202502009.jpg
CM240609-202502009.jpg (397.9 KiB) Viewed 1390 times
andynorth, Pearl_Buffalo, Jade and 2 others liked this
By andynorth
Just a typical since I have no clue what it is. I picked up last year as an extra when I bought a rubra from a local grower that sells on eBay. If anyone has an idea as to what it might be I would love to know. Also, not sure if I am eligible this month or not.
Attachments:
20240611_115304.jpg
20240611_115304.jpg (3.1 MiB) Viewed 1261 times
Panman, wcrosman, Pearl_Buffalo and 4 others liked this
By Jade
I was trying to decide between a plant that’s just starting to really grow again or one that had more traps, but I noticed what I believe is a very good photo of 1 aphid, so I figured it was lucky that I took the photo and also new people like me can know what to look for. I have no idea what to use on it yet lol.
IMG_6572.jpeg
IMG_6572.jpeg (1.95 MiB) Viewed 1152 times
This is plant 1 from the huge boxed buy of VFTs from Lowe’s. Sans aphid they are doing quite well with a lot of new growth and nice deep pink in most. One of them is still refusing to be anything but green, but they all look beautiful to me anyway.
Panman, andynorth liked this
Refrigerator Dormancy

Thanks for helping. I was fervently hoping I wasn'[…]

https://c.tenor.com/MQlPQ1NngeIAAAAC/tenor.gif

SYBAsoil carnivorous mix

Thank you, having done more research I am doing da[…]

Counting to infinity.

2530 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am located in zone 8, I can’t really recal[…]

Camden M’s grow list

woah where'd you get the lowii x truncata?

Request received. Your request number is 1839. I'l[…]

MikeB Too

Along with Shadowtski, MikeB also answered the cal[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!