FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Wolfcub258
Can anybody help me out with my pitcher plants? I grew them from seeds I acquired from a wild plant here in NL, Canada. They’re a couple years old now but last winter when I put them in the greenhouse to overwinter the tray of water dried out and I didn’t notice. When it warmed up they spent a few weeks bone dry. The pitchers from last year have died back entirely to the stem and it’s been a couple of weeks now with no sign of new growth.

Will post a picture when I get home
By steve booth
If they have been 'bone dry' it doesn't bode well, I suspect they are dead but impossible to tell without a picture or two. Get them standing in water for now.
Cheers
Steve
By Wolfcub258
steve booth wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:49 am If they have been 'bone dry' it doesn't bode well, I suspect they are dead but impossible to tell without a picture or two. Get them standing in water for now.
Cheers
Steve
So so sorry I forgot to post a picture. Will do later. The crown is still alive but the pitchers have died back pretty far and it’s been a month with no new growth. Might just me a slow start but I want to try and speed things up any way I can
By steve booth
If the crown is indeed alive, then all you can do is keep them wet and in full sun and wait. they will grow if there is any life left in it.
Cheers
Steve

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Thanks all. The only place I didn’t think […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!