FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By andynorth
I just got this beauty from Matt yesterday. I have it all potted up up and outside, out of direct sunlight for now. Here in the PNW we never know when or how much the sun will shine which brings me to my question. How long should I leave it out of direct sun before placing in its permanent home. I do not want to put it in direct sun yet but it is really hard to determine how much sun it will get per day as we get clouds, then sun, then clouds and this can go on for days this way.
Attachments:
20240517_120550.jpg
20240517_120550.jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 451 times
Jade liked this
By Panman
How did the root system look? If it was robust, it only needs a day or two for the soil to settle around the roots and then be ready for full sun. Matt grows his in a greenhouse, so they are used to intense light.
By Intheswamp
I have no idea. I'm a newb. But, how tall is that pitcher? It looks very nice!
By andynorth
Panman wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:16 pm How did the root system look? If it was robust, it only needs a day or two for the soil to settle around the roots and then be ready for full sun. Matt grows his in a greenhouse, so they are used to intense light.
Thank you. Roots looked good and strong.
Intheswamp wrote:I have no idea. I'm a newb. But, how tall is that pitcher? It looks very nice!
Right? 32". That was the first thing I did!! I got it during Matts "World Carnivorous Plant Day" sale. 15% off plus free shipping. Total was under $22.00. I was expecting something half that size. My only caveat is I did not have more in my budget to buy more plus I am out of room in both my pools. :D :D :D
Intheswamp liked this

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Thanks all. The only place I didn’t think […]

I personally don't like the term "typical&q[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!