FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Marsh
Hello ive been taking care of this flytrap since last march and it looks like its dead, is it actually? Is there anything i can do to save it
20240204_132730.jpg
By Intheswamp
If it ain’t really, really dormant… “It’s dead, Jim”. But, it might be sleeping hard. :?

What brand of grow mix is that? Have you been keeping it moist?
By Marsh
Perfect plants Carnivorous Plant soil with a part of Halatool dried sphagnum for the grow mix and ive kept it moist using a glass tray to bottom water it. I've also used BioAdvanced Rose & Flower Pesticide as i was told its safe to treat it. Ive left it outside the last few days cause its been raining and it hasn't dropped below 50
By Intheswamp
Ditch that "Perfect Plants" stuff. Been lots of complaints about it. Do a search here in the forum and you'll find LOTS of negative complaints about it. The reason I asked was due to all the apparent trash (stems and whatnot) laying on the surface. Do what Panman said and dig it up and see if you have any "white" below the soil line. If you do you could replant it in some good grow mix and it might sprout. And, go easy with the pesticides. Unless you actually see a problem don't use it for preventive measures.

I like the "next time" part...don't give up. :D Keep at it!!!
I just hate that you they sell that junk grow mix...it was probably the primary reason of the plants decline.
andynorth liked this
By wcrosman
Marsh wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:53 pm Perfect plants Carnivorous Plant soil with a part of Halatool dried sphagnum for the grow mix and ive kept it moist using a glass tray to bottom water it. I've also used BioAdvanced Rose & Flower Pesticide as i was told its safe to treat it. Ive left it outside the last few days cause its been raining and it hasn't dropped below 50
Perfect plants carnivorous soil is NOT good. It almost killed my sundews before I noticed it has extremely high (300ish) TDS when water with zero TDS was poured through it. Replaced the media and the sundews took off.
andynorth liked this

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Thanks all. The only place I didn’t think […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!