FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Herfjotur
Hello from Southern Oregon! I’m very new to growing Venus fly traps, as well as other carnivorous species , so I’m definitely looking to expand my knowledge and grow some beautiful, healthy plants! I love to learn and find the art of botany to be so rewarding and fulfilling, however, I definitely need advice and or tips on how to successfully grow fly traps. Looking forward to exploring this forum and thank you on advance for any guidance given!
StephenB200+, Joanie liked this
By Intheswamp
Welcome to the forum...just a bunch of enablers here...

Whatever you do, DO NOT look at the seed bank nor the instructions on how to use it that are located at the bottom of the inventory list post. Also, be very careful about looking at the monthly "bonus" post that a kitten-lover that goes by the moniker "ChefDean" posts each month. It's all a trick to lure you in and get you hooked on growing carnivorous plants. Kinda like the guy on the street corner with the trenchcoat on that approaches people and goes, "Pssk..wanna try some praline pecans? How about some dark chocolate caramels with sea salt? Don'cha wanna try it???". Yeah, you look smart...you see what I'm getting at...tread very careful!!! (And, btw, those pecans and chocolate are fantastic!!! 8-) ) But, this guy in the trenchcoat, well...he's got friends. Lots of them hold "contests" where you can win entire plants!!! Yeah, this bunch of enablers are out to draw you in to the addiction...be *very*, *very* careful or you'll be strung out before you know it...buying grow lights, eyeballing things at the grocery store not for the food but for the containers they're in (for water trays, pots, etc.,), searching for different size pots, studying peat and perlite mix ratios, figuring out how to harvest rain water from your neighbors roof, etc., etc.,!!! It's just horrid, I tell ya!!! Horrid!!! Be *very* careful!!!

Or, you can figure I'm nuts and go along your merry way enjoying the forum and learning a bunch from folks here, getting free seeds from the seed bank at the cost of two stamps and two envelopes, and maybe even winning some free plants...and having fun along the way. Your choice! :mrgreen:
Joanie, andynorth liked this
By Intheswamp
Panman wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:41 pm You'll have to forgive Intheswamp. He's off his medication.
Meds? Nobody told me I had meds! I thought those were Smarties!!!!
andynorth liked this
By Jaws
Hi, this is the forum to get your knowledge from.

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Thanks all. The only place I didn’t think […]

I personally don't like the term "typical&q[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!