FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By PlantMom84
Good morning beautiful people! Does anyone here know about how long a Flytrap stays closed after eating. Usually when I feed mine it opens back up after 24 hours. Is this normal? Makes me wonder if it is digesting the bloodworms I am giving it. Please help!

Love and Light,
PlantMom84
By Intheswamp
Can you, or will you be able to, put your plants outside? They'll catch their own out there.
By ChefDean
To expand on the massaging of the traps. Feed them, stimulate the hairs to close, then let them sit for about 30 - 60 minutes. Come back and gently squeeze the trap with your fingers three or four times. About another 30 - 60 minutes later, do it again.
The trigger hairs need multiple stimulations to close, seal, secrete, and digest properly. If you only do it once, and maybe too soon after closing, it may not be getting the proper signals to go full send.
Other option that us old guys love? Put it outside in the sun and let the freeloader catch its own dinner.
By PlantMom84
Didn't know that. I massaged the trap shortly after it closed and only did it once. Thank you ☺️

Introduction: In today's modern society, individua[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!