FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I'd like to thank Greenthumbs Garden for his first donation, and it came from Spain y'all. I have the envelope to prove it, complete with Spanish writing all over it. It's a country on the Mediterranean Sea, has a rich history, and has a very, very neat thing called Tapas. I would dare say that Tapas are an art form, and one to behold in its native setting if you are given the chance. Check it out.
He has donated a tube of VFT OP seeds, probably along the measure of 1,000+ seeds. That's going to keep us in traps for a while, yes sir!
He has also donated enough seeds to make three packs of Citrus x aurantium, also known as Bitter Orange. These seeds will go into inventory, but will be offered to growers as an extra, not a request. However, a couple of things. These seeds are too big to send in an envelope the way the other seeds are sent, they'll require a small box. I have a couple of boxes around, so we can work something out. Also, these are evergreen citrus trees, so they'll need a year-round warm climate. You could potentially grow these in a pot, but with a mature size of 10 to 30 feet, that really won't be feasible. Last, these aren't like the oranges you buy in the store, you don't just peel and eat these. These oranges are primarily used for marmalade, but a quick search will give you dozens of culinary uses, from dressings to marinades to even sweets.
Greenthumbs Garden, thank you for your generous donation.
The VFT seeds are immediately available to all eligible members. The Bitter Orange seeds are available to all, but please be aware of their requirements.

Edit: I've been informed that the Bitter Orange can tolerate light frost, down to about -5°C (~25°F), so that opens it up a little. Enjoy!
Sundews69, Intheswamp, za419 and 3 others liked this
By za419
Citrus seeds!? In the FTC seed bank??

My god, this is impressive stuff! I wish I had a nice yard with the right climate to grow them - I'm sure someone's gonna have a great time!
By Greenthumbs Garden
ChefDean wrote:complete with Spanish writing all over it
:lol: You are very welcome, the FTC seed bank is a great project!!
Panman, Intheswamp, evenwind and 1 others liked this
By schmeg
Greenthumbs Garden, thanks for boosting up the supply of VFT seeds here.

Anything you can share about parent plants: mix of greens/reds? fancy traps?
Greenthumbs Garden liked this
By Greenthumbs Garden
@schmeg, Yeah sure, the seed stock is mainly from my B52 clones, there's some Royal Red seed in there too, South West Giant, and a little DXCL from my only plant. Not sure what pollen has intermixed as I just let nature do its thing.
schmeg liked this
Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

So, what's your watering frequency? :)

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Drosera germination time

I planted seven different types of seeds on 03/09/[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!