Here are the rules:
1. You can share only pictures you took personally.
2. You can submit only 1 photo for this contest.
3. Pictures shared in previous contests are not eligible.
4. Minimally edited photos only. No effects, or filters. Cropping is okay.
5. The winner will be the entry with the highest number of thumbs up (likes) votes.
6. Only votes from members with at least 5 posts will count.
7. This contest is open internationally, although there will be an alternate prize for international winners.
It seems only fitting that the prize this month be a cross. This month's prize, @Matt and Leah with The Flytrap Store is a Sarracenia leucophylla x oreophila. The prize will be shipped bareroot unless the winner chooses to pay extra postage for a potted plant.
From the Flytrap Store website:
We have nicknamed this particular hybrid "pot buster" because it grows so vigorously and large that it often breaks through its pot before we can get it repotted! S. leucophylla x oreophila is a giant pitcher plant by any measure. It develops huge, wide-mouth pitchers up to 3-inches across that start off with just a bit of white windowing from the leucophylla genetics, and then, as the pitchers age, they develop a nice purple coloration in the back of the throat. Pitchers get up over 30-inches in height too! It is simply a gorgeous and super vigorous giant Sarracenia!!So snap some photos of your awesome crossbreeds and show us what you've got!