FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Dini
I dont see many people growing pings outdoors but I really want mine outdoors would there be any tips? also its apinguicula emarginata x ‘Weser’ if that helps.
By hungry carnivores
Where do you live? :twisted: Just kidding, but what are your local temps and everything? Are you humid, do you have hot sun? We need info.
By Dini
hungry carnivores wrote:Where do you live? :twisted: Just kidding, but what are your local temps and everything? Are you humid, do you have hot sun? We need info.
here it is :)
Attachments:
weather.PNG
weather.PNG (20.78 KiB) Viewed 6782 times
By hungry carnivores
It might work. Try a shaded location first and ensure the media is always moist. Please let us know how this goes!
By Huntsmanshorn
Dini wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:02 am I dont see many people growing pings outdoors but I really want mine outdoors would there be any tips? also its apinguicula emarginata x ‘Weser’ if that helps.
I experimented with this a bit last summer and found that too much sun and too much heat are big problems, at least for some of the plants I grew. Humidity, or lack there of, was not much of an issue nor was the soil wetness level and I grew mine in a mix of plain old dirt and gravel, just to see what would happen. I grew four different pings: agnata, gigantea, 'Aphrodite' and moranensis. Agnata, 'Aphrodite' and moranensis all did very well but gigantea cooked in the sun so I had to move the whole pot into the shade where they did much better, although I lost one of the gigantea.
By jeff
for a lot of temperate ping you can leave them outside, in cold periods they are hibernaculae

for the mexican and others you can leave them outside from may to october ,from october to may bring them inside at temperatures above 5 ° c, at home in hibernation I keep them at 10-12 ° c
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!