FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By Gothic TRAPS
Anne58 wrote:
Gothic TRAPS wrote:
quatchi wrote:TDS of Tapwater in Vancouver, BC: last time I checked, 9. An online source quoted 3, likely in winter.
That sounds good :). How credible is this online source quatchi?

Does anyone else here from the Vancouver, BC, Canada know what the consistant TDS rating is for our tap water. I know we have some of the best drinking water in the planet, but is it good enough for CP growing? Distilled water is very affordable here, but it does add up over the course of the summer. Any knowledge or comments would be much appreciated. Thanks ;)!

Where I work we weekly check the TDS of the tap water (required by one of our co-packers) I believe it is in the 15 - 20 range but I'll double check today when I'm there. I'll run one today as well just to verify. I also have some collected rain water I can check too.
Thanks, Anne58 :P!
Last edited by Gothic TRAPS on Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Anne58
Vancouver, Canada
Tap Water: 19.47 ppm TDS -- pH varies but usually around the 6.5 6.8 range
Rain water: 4.33 TDS (not collected from house run-off) pH: 6.32

I double checked the results we have been getting for the tap water at the plant and it has never been above 22 ppm.

Our facility also uses filtered water - a 3 stage system . . . coarse sand, charcoal, and a membrane filter. The test results are almost identical.
Anne58 liked this
By David F
Looks like mine is 197, thats not as bad as I may have imagined still pretty bad (according to the website)
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!