FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
Having multiple hobbies is fun, but some take more of a toll on your body. Last night, the individual pictured below initiated an involuntary dismount on my part. Nothing seems broken but I am so sore on the side that made first contact with earth that getting around is a challenge. I still love him and will ride him, but I will reconsider how and where.
Attachments:
20221027_114527.jpg
20221027_114527.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 1466 times
By evenwind
Glad you're okay. I'd inquire about the dismount being accidental. That large creature is definitely giving you a raspberry.
Lain liked this
By Lain
Happy to hear no broken bones! I haven't been able to get back on a horse since I was 13 and my horse got spooked. The dismount was followed by a violent kick and I couldn't bring myself to ride again. Will always love them and take care of them but can't ride.
By Intheswamp
OUCH!!!! Well, I'm glad you're able to post this morning! Years ago (less than a hundred, more than fifty) a friend of mine had a wild bronco in his pasture. He graciously allowed me to ride it one day. Me and that beast went all over that patch, it a bucking and a kicking, but it never managed to throw me off. Finally, when it slowed down a bit I slid off that Shetland pony's bronco's back. Later in life I rode with a crowd of guys off and on...I drove the beer truck. That Shetland pony's bronco is the only horse I've ever ridden.

I agree with the others, that rascal is definitely disrespecting you!!! (...probably has some Shetland pony in it!!! :mrgreen: )
By Panman
LOL. Thanks all. That is his favorite pose,but not from last night. It wasn't a bad spill,all things considered. If I was 18 I would have just shaken it off. Alas, I am well past 18. But, I did get back on and walk him around a few times just to be sure.
Intheswamp liked this

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!