FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Rachael
I planted 10 of the FTS's legally wild harvested seeds on 8/27/21. So far 5 have sprouted. I had them covered until about 2 days ago. Now they are out in the open, under a covered porch and getting morning sun. I'm a little worried about them going through dormancy since they're so tiny. Hopefully I'll still have 5 in the spring. I intend to baby them through the winter.
Attachments:
LWH VFTs Oct 4, 2021
LWH VFTs Oct 4, 2021
IMG_0162.JPG (4.96 MiB) Viewed 2459 times
optique, MaxVft liked this
By Rachael
I sowed 10 seeds. I have more seeds but I held them back to sow in the spring. I do have some lights and I've grown plants under lights before but I found it to be a pain so I'm going to see how these make it outside.
By Apollyon
Yeah, in the future if you have dormancy plants like VFTs or plantlets, they can skip the dormancy period the first year. Good luck!
MikeB liked this
By thepitchergrower
Just wondering, do you feed VFT seedlings?? or does it use up too much energy? I saw a video about feeding small drosera seedlings, and it said that it speeds up growth alot.
By Rachael
I have heard of feeding VFT seedlings but I've never tried. I think it would be done by spraying lightly with Maxsea but I'm not sure. I'd be interested also if anyone would like share their experience feeding vft seedlings.
By elaineo
I use a 23-gauge insulin needle to put tiny drops of maxsea into the seedling mouths. I don't recommend spraying them, as their roots are small and close to the surface so it's easy to kill them that way. When the seedlings get a little bigger, you can feed wet bloodworms with a toothpick.
Panman, Rachael liked this
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!