FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I think it's a good time of year for some novice growers to start branching out into temperate sundews. Well, in this case, two people. Available in these proceedings are a pack of typical D. intermedia (1,2,3...) and a pack of typical D. filiformis (A,B,C....).
The winner of the intermedia giveaway will also receive a bonus pack of filiformis seeds, while the winner of the filiformis giveaway will receive bonus pack of intermedia seeds. (See what I did there? Two drawings, similar prizes, but different, one winner each? Rather than a single drawing with two winners of identical prizes? Gotta be tricky.) This will give a couple people a couple of opportunities to try a couple of "easy" temperate dews that need a couple of months stratification.
I will cover postage in a standard #10 envelope.
Open to all members, including international. However, it would be preferred that only new members (six months or less) enter.
You can enter both, but only win one. If you were to win both, you'll have to make the agonizing choice of intermedia/filiformis or filiformis/intermedia. The other will be redrawn.
Drawing in a week or so, as long as I don't forget about it.
This is a giveaway, and doesn't count as a seed bank request. The winners will still be eligible to request in November if desired.
Standard-ish format:

Intermedia
1. Who's on first?
2. What's on second?
3. I don't know is on third. (Three is allowed because new members may not know about my dislike of three)

Filiformis
A. A is for apple (some filiformis can be red)
B. B is for bug (self explanatory)
C. C is for Cool Cat Chef (because, why not?)

Aaaaand go!
Panman, Shadowtski, Intheswamp and 2 others liked this
By ChefDean
Camden M wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:31 pm2. Let’s see if we can make a little repairs to my growlist
Someone must not want to win if he keeps entering giveaways without listing his name.
By Garden_Nymph
I think he's saying you might want to follow process and put your username before your comment to be eligible for the draw. ;)
By ChefDean
^^^^What she said. I'm too old and lazy to look all the way back to see who entered on that number, especially if we have a bunch of entries and number two wins. I'll look at the last post where all the entrants are listed to see who it was. If it merely says "2. Let's make repairs to my growlist" without a name preceding it, I'll likely just spin again.
Garden_Nymph liked this
By Sundews69
Where did these intermedia originate from? Are they from a very northern climate where I could grow them outside year round?
By Camden
ChefDean wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:55 pm ^^^^What she said. I'm too old and lazy to look all the way back to see who entered on that number, especially if we have a bunch of entries and number two wins. I'll look at the last post where all the entrants are listed to see who it was. If it merely says "2. Let's make repairs to my growlist" without a name preceding it, I'll likely just spin again.
Well I swear I put my name down, mabey it’s a case of temporary amnesia? I’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again.
Garden_Nymph liked this
By ChefDean
Sundews69 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:20 pm Where did these intermedia originate from? Are they from a very northern climate where I could grow them outside year round?
They're just typical intermedia, no specific location data. Each pack could have seeds from Idaho, the Carolinas, Axel Heiberg Island, Canada (eh), or anywhere in between. Likely, they'll be fine outdoors in an in ground bog. In a pot, you'll probably want to find a place less outside-y and freeze-y/thaw-y.
Sundews69 liked this
By Dan V
1. Cclinton23 - Wooooooo!
2. Camden M. - Let’s see if we can make a little repairs to my growlist
3. Dan V - I'm on third.

A. Dan V - A is for Apple
By ChefDean
Dan V wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:41 amA. Dan V - A is for Apple
Perhaps, but there's already a list started for the filiformis drawing, on which you'd be B. Go back and find it so you can fix that list.
By Sundews69
A. Cclinton23- Wooooooo
B. Dan V - B is for bug
C. Sundews69 - I also need to make some repairs. Got nothing from my first filiformis.
ChefDean, Dan V liked this

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!