FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
Okay folks, it is time to get our Secret Santa rolling.
Santa.gif
Santa.gif (1.89 MiB) Viewed 3089 times
The timing last year of our Secret Santa worked out well, so I'm going to start it early again. This will give us some time to plan and get the packages delivered, hopefully before the worst of the winter weather sets in.

Here is how this will go:
1. Read this entire post first!
2. If you are interested, add your name to this list just like we do for giveaways:
1. Someone
2. Someone else
3. Etc.
3. Update or create your grow list with what you are growing and what you would like to grow
4. PM me with:
a. Your Name
b. Your Address
c. The link to your grow & wish list
d. Delivery restrictions in case you won't be able to receive packages for certain dates
e. Any growing restrictions you have (no lights, outside plants only, etc.)
I will leave the list open until November 18th. At time I will juggle the names and PM you with the information about your giftee. I will try to have this done by 11/23. You will then package and mail your gift. All packages must be mailed by 12/2. If you cannot mail your package on time, PM me immediately. You may remain anonymous in your gift or include a note.

As far as the gifts go, there are a couple of requirements. First, you must provide at least a small flat rate USPS priority mail package for shipping. No first class envelopes. Padded envelopes are okay as long as it is shipped priority (or equivalent) and meets the next requirement. Second, your gift, or gifts, should have a value of at least $15 to $20. I realize that a couple of packs of seed might fit that category, but consider how the person receiving it would like it. A person who doesn’t grow sarrs would not be nearly as excited about some unique cross sarr seeds as would a pitcher plant junky like myself. If you have a question about the appropriateness of your gift, please PM me.

Once you mail your gift, PM me with the tracking number so I can let your giftee know to keep an eye out for it. I will also track all of the gifts.

Once you receive your gift, PM me and leave a note here. If you want to do an unboxing post, that would be great.

If you are participating, check this thread, and your PM regularly. I will be using the PM to contact you, and if I don't hear back in a couple of days, I will put a note on this thread as well.

Hopefully, that is everything. Remember, it is always a bit of a risk when you do something like this that you will be disappointed in what you receive. The fun isn’t only in the getting, but also in the giving of something that you enjoy and can share with others in the hobby.

If you have any suggestions or corrections, please let me know either here or through PM. Our last two events were a huge success. I'm sure that this year will be as well!
By Bluefire
1. Bluefire - I have a few extras I'd like to share.
Attachments:
Santa Klossii
Santa Klossii
619F07BC-5A53-48F0-8D19-F3D78F47AB22.jpeg (135.85 KiB) Viewed 3063 times
Last edited by Bluefire on Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sundews69
What if we don't have anything the person we were given is looking for? Would we get someone new? I have a few things I could pass around, but idk if there will be much interest in them. I do have some things interesting, but idk if I want to divide them up yet.
By Panman
Sundews69 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:41 pm What if we don't have anything the person we were given is looking for? Would we get someone new? I have a few things I could pass around, but idk if there will be much interest in them. I do have some things interesting, but idk if I want to divide them up yet.
PM me and we can chat about it.
By -Stanley-
2. Panman - Decisions, decisions.
3. Carnies
4. -Stanley-
By Sundews69
2. Panman - Decisions, decisions.
3. Carnies
4. -Stanley-
5. Sundews69
Panman liked this
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!