FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By fluffy123
Can anyone please help me save this new Sarracenia Purpurea plant? This was shipped bare root from Little Carnivores and was potted in a bog garden with Venus Flytraps. It looked happy the first day and now it’s sad. What do I do to save it. I placed it under the right conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Panman
That looks pretty extreme for just one day. What kind of soil did you pot them in? Was the soil wet when you planted them or was it dry and you added water to the top? It looks like the plant has completely dried out like you left it in the sun with no soil.
By fluffy123
I have two that came from Little Carnivores in April 3rd and now I hoping second plant would grow along with the flytraps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By steve booth
Sarracenia when growing and purps in particular like it wet, a lot wetter than VFTs, it should stand in water. That said, that one looks desiccated, if there is a growth point that looks soild it may survive, but it looks like something drastic has happened, have you had any bad frosts or dry desiccating winds? It's unusual for all the leaves to dry out so completely in a day!

Cheers
Steve
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!