FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Bicyclemaster
Hey there! I'm keeping my sarracenia on the balcony where there are under 10⁰C, it's getting as much sunlight there is (not that much because it's cloudy every day) and I still keep it watered. From what I know during dormancy they should still be watered and received sunlight. I wanted to ask if I should also add water to it's pitchers? I know that this type of sarracenia needs to have it's pitchers filled while growing, but does it need this as well while going dormant? Btw, even though it's almost the end of November this plant is still growing new pitches, although slower than during summer. Idk when it will decide to go dormant :(
By steve booth
Hi bicyclemaster
Purpurea dont need water in their traps over winter, or summer for that matter they can grow indoors with dry traps for years, but having said that, in the wild they will get fill up from rainfall, so you can do either to suit yourself.
It will go dormant very soon, just keep them damp and as long as you dont get lots of freeze and thaw cycles, it will be fine.
Cheers
Steve
Not what you would expect...

https://gardenerspath.com/how-to/disease-and-pests[…]

From what I remember, one quarter teaspoon per ga[…]

rustoleum 2x painters touch, but i do touch them u[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!