FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post your experience here, good or bad, to help others in future transactions

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I approached Xanthoparmelia with a proposition of a private deal for Pings, one for a need of function over fashion. I.E. I needed killing power over beauty.
Background: My wife's home office was experiencing a white fly/gnat problem. She inquired about a solution with plants that I already had, but I couldn't satisfy her need at this time.
I approached Xanthoparmelia, he suggested a solution that could solve the problem, and we pulled the trigger.
Not only did I receive plants that were capable of giving me and her a solution, but plants that were at a price point that was well within my scope of necessity.
I want to make it clear that we agreed on function over fashion, so these plants are likely to be powerhouses rather than runway models.
That being said, the plants arrived in superb condition, readily adaptable to my homemade turface. In which, one plant hit the ground running without showing any shipping stress, while the other showed a bit. However, the one stressed plant quickly came around, and is already putting out plantlets on two of the lower, more stressed leaves.
These aren't the first plants I've received from Xantho, and they dang sure won't be the last.
madrone liked this
By ChefDean
I probably should have mentioned that, shouldn't I?
He set me up with two Pinguicula hybrids, a moranensis cross and an emarginata cross. Both are adapting very well to Tennessee, but it helps that it's not too hot and higher relative humidity. However, I think it speaks more to the husbandry of the plants prior to me getting them that they are bouncing back so readily.
Both, a couple of weeks after getting them, are already greasy and starting to take care of the little critter problem in the home office on my third floor.
elaineo, MaxVft liked this
By ChefDean
Update:
Less than three months and the moranensis cross is throwing off pups, and the agnata "Red Leaf" x emarginata is doing this.
20220110_155808.jpg
20220110_155808.jpg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 1930 times
Panman, elaineo liked this
By ChefDean
Update: 6 months after acquisition.
20220410_164700.jpg
20220410_164700.jpg (4.44 MiB) Viewed 1677 times
The agnata "Red Leaf" x emarginata keeps pumping out flowers.
The moranensis var caudata x Yucca Do 1717 has thrown out at least five pups, one of which I had to reposition due to it seeming to be falling off the side.
Great plants from day one.
hollyhock, MikeB liked this
Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Ah, an Xtreem "purpurea". My favorite nu[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

Not what you would expect...

Why, the portion cup in front of the binata in the[…]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!