FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By Fenlena
This will be my first attempt at growing a carnivorous plant from seed. Many have suggested that d. capensis be my first carnivorous plant but we weren't talking about growing from seed. If you have another recommendation, I am open to suggestions. Once I get my feet wet, I hope to be able to return this favor by donating to your seed bank.
By Intheswamp
Welcome aboard, Fenlena, are you stateside or foreign? It can make a difference on what you can order.

In the meantime ;) , if you're stateside then add another message that goes something like this...

Please add the free choice D. Intermedia seeds to my request and also a "Bonus" of _____. (pick one of these: Mixed Drosera, Mixed Threadleaf, tokaiensis, mystery rosetted dews (no ID) or VFT (typical Venus Flytrap)) seeds.

That should end up with you getting three different varieties/species of seeds. :mrgreen:

ChefDean handles the seed bank and does a jam-up job with it (don't tell him I said so or his head will get bigger than Bald Mountain over in the Smokies. He's going to be out of town for a while so it might be a few weeks before your seeds arrive, but go ahead and send in the request...he'll need something to do when he gets back. :mrgreen:
By ChefDean
Since this is your first attempt at growing from seed, I would suggest that, if a bonus is desired, go for tokaiensis or Mixed Drosera. They're both sow and grow. Stay away from the intermedia and Mixed Threadleaf as they both need stratification. Stratification isn't difficult, but is not something that beginners typically take on. While the VFT are also sow and grow, they can be very frustrating for beginners. However, you're not eligible to request those or receive them as a bonus yet.
That being said, if you want a bonus, indicate that on this thread and on your envelope.

Order received.
Your order number is 1359.
I'll PM you shortly with a mailing address for your SASE.
Thank you for your order.

Reminder to all:
Please remember to write your Forum username and order number somewhere on the envelope or in a note.
I don't have access to a cross reference of real-world names linked to usernames.
Remembering these things helps me fill orders quicker.
Thank you.

Happy growing,
Chef

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!