Have flowers too.
This month's contest takes a look at the flowers produced by carnivorous plants. Clearly, the traps are super interesting, but many of these plants have absolutely spectacular flowers. Whether it is a pot of utricularia angry bunnies or a sarracenia space invader, all flower photos are acceptable.
So here are the rules:
1. You can submit 1 photograph for this contest.
2. It must be your own picture.
3. Pictures shared in previous contests are not eligible.
4. Minimally edited photos only. No effects, or filters. Cropping is okay.
5. The winner will be the entry with the highest number of thumbs up (likes) votes.
6. Only votes from members with at least 5 posts will count.
7. Members who have won within the past three months are not eligible for prizes but you can still enter.
8. This contest is open internationally, although there will be an alternate prizes for international winners.
Our prize this month is from The Flytrap Store is a BCP Z11 flytrap .
From the Flytrap Store website:
BCP Z11 was declared the "best" Venus flytrap produced by Best Carnivorous Plants (BCP) tissue culture lab in Europe. BCP produces an exceptionally high number of Venus flytraps, so if this is one of their best cultivars, it has got to be a winner! We like the big trap potential (of course), and the nice vigorous upright growth. We also like that BCP Z11 can develop awesome coloration by the end of the summer growing season. A truly handsome addition to your collection.So let's see those pretty petals! Submit your photos and vote for your favorites.