FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nikson
Hey all,

This is very strange. I repotted my Judith Hindle from its tiny 3 inch pot that it came in from 2 years ago into a new 4.5 inch pot right when spring hit and they were starting to take up from dormancy several months ago. It quickly threw up 2 big pitchers and it was great, but recently it's slowed down and keeps throwing out twisted, messed up looking pitchers instead.

I know this can be from pests, but I don't see any aphids or spider mites crawling around.

Here are some pictures of what it looks like right now.

The OG pitchers got stuffed full of bugs and are starting to brown up where the bugs are stuck and getting digested. I also noted that the plant has happily grown quickly and the roots are starting to come out the bottom of the pot, even though I just repotted it a few months ago!

By optique
In the spring i look almost daily for stuff like that. If i see it i just use my fingers to kill stuff everyday for like a week before it spreads. It really looks like a sap sucker is feeding on it.
By Nikson
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I picked up some of that Deadbug Brew and I'll spray my plants with it, see what happens!

What's weird is I don't physically see anything. No weird tiny bugs or aphids or little white dots or anything. I guess they must be hiding or sucked on it before I found them.
By Nikson
Panman wrote:I never saw thrips on my plants, just the damage.
Makes sense.

The deadbug brew arrived and I sprayed it everywhere. I just spray it on the leaves and growth points and rhizome yeah?
By Panman
Yes. Follow the directions and cover the plant real well. You should repeat it at least once even if it seems like the problem is cleared up.
By Panman
I have used it on sarracenia, drosera, dionaea, nepenthes, and temperate pinguiculas. They all tolerated it well. I believe that is because it is a naturally derived pesticide. That being said, there were definitely some bugs that would not die and I had to shift to Bioadvanced 3-in-1. The only successful treatment I had for my sarrs with scale was 4 days submerged entirely in water, 2 days out, and repeat 2 more times.
My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!