FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
That sure is some purdy paint.
By Intheswamp
This has been exciting...
By evenwind
You gotta stay away from random mushrooms.
By Intheswamp
It’s kinda anticlimactic now. But, it was time. The perfect time. Really. The experience was simply, well, once in a lifetime. A cathartic experience, indeed!
By Intheswamp
…and all with danger of life and limb. Like I passed through the dead zone or something…more than once! I survived.
By Intheswamp
Yes, this was a very hazardous area to be working in. I've pulled, dragged, shoveled, carried, and simply watched as some turned into hairy, odd-shaped Frisbees. But, yet I made the trip because it was like a mission...something that a man just *has to do*! So, I manned up (no slight to the ladies intended)...and I did it! :mrgreen:

Seems the old metal box that that snuff-sucking mule shoves my mail into has been painted black since be bought it. Sitting down here around Latitude 32N it can get kinda warm in the summer. For years I've stressed over plants and seeds arriving and baking in that deathbox. So's the other day when it was *really, really* slow here on the forum I decided it would be more fun to watch paint dry than hang around here. :lol: Crossing that hiway is treacherous at the best of times...ask all the possums, raccoons, miscellaneous domestic animals :( , rabbits, buzzards, a coyote, and a few deer that failed to make the crossing...and most of them could see and hear better than me!!! :?
I managed to make the trip several times during this courageous event! I only had one vehicle blow its horn at me and it was the UPS guy passing by. Luckily for the lady what rides that stinkin' mule, all deliveries that needed to be delivered during the painting included packages that needed to be left on the front porch...so she didn't get to come away "white-handed".<g> I was nice and timed the coats *after* she had come by each day...I'm a nice kinda guy like that, ya know. 8-)

Anyhow, hopefully this will make for cooler digs for plants and seeds coming in this summer...it definitely shouldn't hurt anything. AND...a side benefit is that we can actually see the mailbox now from the front porch...it was kinda camouflaged by the thicket behind it. Shoot...I might put numbers on it next year, I feel like I'm on a roll!!!! :mrgreen:

It's a regular Picasso. :ugeek:

That's some purdy paint.... :mrgreen:
Attachments:
IMG_9345pp (Custom).jpg
IMG_9345pp (Custom).jpg (635.49 KiB) Viewed 1450 times
Panman liked this
By Intheswamp
Hmm, fast-paced around here again. I'm thinking about painting the mailbox again. :mrgreen:
By DragonsEye
If you or someone you know has a modicum of artistic talent, you could make it something unique. Unfortunately, I no longer have photos of my work (or if I do I have no idea where they might be), but ages ago I used to paint my parents' mailbox. One year, I did a scene with a sailboat. Years later, I did a "cutesy" sort of dragon (mom wouldn't have gone for the more vicious type seen in the movies) with the tail being the mailbox flag. In your case, why not paint some cps on the side of the mailbox? 8-)
By Intheswamp
Just thought I'd let everybody know that I put some numbers on the mailbox to get the lady what rides the drunk mule off my back.

...DID YOU HEAR THAT????!!!!!!! I think I heard some more paint dry...kinda quiet around here. It's so hot I guess everybody's staying under their rocks. 8-)
Panman liked this
Drosera germination time

I know I got the "Redrum" seeds from th[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!