FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
I know the correct answer is “As many as you want to” :mrgreen: but what is a good number of drosera seeds to put in a packet for the seed bank…fifty?…as many seeds as the mean old lady had Dalmatians that she was gonna skin? I know I can send bulk to good ol’ Chef, but being a college kid :mrgreen: he stays pretty busy…you know, frat parties, keg parties, college pranks, etc. :lol:

Btw, Chef. Can a truck with a lift gate get to your place ok? I’ve got a pallet of intermedia seeds I need to ship to you. :mrgreen:
By ChefDean
Depends on the Drosera.
Regia, maybe 10-15.
Bigger binata 25.
Slackii 10-15.
Capensis, spatulata, tokaiensis, filiformis 100.
The more uncommon, generally the fewer the seeds. Make a judgement call.
As to a lift gate, yes. I'm the only one on my street with a three car garage, so I have a wider driveway. Plus, if the steering wheel holder they put behind the wheel can't figure it out, I have 30 years of heavy equipment experience. I'll make that truck dance.
Intheswamp liked this
By evenwind
If it helps, I find that when counting out spat seeds, if I carve my initials on every tenth one, it's much easier to keep track of the total.
Intheswamp, ChefDean liked this
By Intheswamp
Thanks for the general ideas, Chef, about the seed amounts. I'm not quiet ready to send some in, but want to know what I'm doing when I do. Now, in regards to the ton of intermedia seeds...I know your needing them because I can barely see the sun glinting off your dome from down here in South Alabama...figure you can use them to get all polished up. :mrgreen:

You're crazy, evenwind!!!! Those seeds are too tiny to carve on every ten seeds...I'm gonna just carve every twentieth seed. Great idea to mark them, though! 8-)
Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!