FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Jester135
out of the boredom of my life, a stupid topic came into my head. Does anyone still name their plants (like their 1st vft) if so feel free to post the pic and the name of your plant and the reason (if any) of why you named it such..

the only one i bothered naming is the very 1st vft i got (it's a typical vft i bought out of impulse in a plant nursery), and since i am a huge anime fan i decided to name it under a very very stupid anime (dont judge me based on the name, i came out of it for the obvious reason). I named it "Boku no Pico" (if you get why i named it such then you my friend are one of the very few anime nerds who gets it.. haha
Attachments:
typical vft.jpg
typical vft.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 572 times
By Bluefire
I have a male Nepenthes ventricosa "red" that is called "Seymour" because my father wouldn't stop calling it that. It sort of just stuck after some time. I have a few other plants that have "unofficial" names, nicknames maybe, that just make them easier to put in a sentence.
Attachments:
Seymour
Seymour
32B89747-E1FF-4155-8B47-F0E633949140.jpeg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 552 times
By Jester135
@Bluefire, i was thinking seymour at 1st before but i imagined it's a very used name for vfts... haha... @ChefDean, i wanna name the next one i have after my ex girlfriends but i think my wife would kill me if i did something that noticable..
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!