FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By DUB-C
Its the demand and the availability that drives that price. Someone was willing to pay an extreme amount to own that plant that only a few currently own. As long as people continue to buy at that price, people will continue to sell at that price. Or until the market is flooded with a large amount of those rare cultivars, will you see the prices drop.

Would you believe me if I told you that I got my Jaws Smiley and GJ Bloody Nurse from Jeremiah under a trade for an Angel Wings and GJ Giant Cudo. He didn't have those two cultivars and was willing to make the trade for them. Saved me hundreds! :lol:
By Carnies
DUB-C wrote:Would you believe me if I told you that I got my Jaws Smiley and GJ Bloody Nurse from Jeremiah under a trade for an Angel Wings and GJ Giant Cudo. He didn't have those two cultivars and was willing to make the trade for them. Saved me hundreds!
Amazing! I still need those two cultivars, especially Bloody Nurse. Jaws smiley looks too similar to alien that I wouldn't buy it.
DUB-C liked this
By jmoore3274
I never understood the lust for cultivars some people have. Yea some of them look cool, some of the pings are also attractive. However, in my eyes they are not natural and for some reason, internally I can't get past that. I have always sought-after the plants with location data. I feel that, in some way, it is my duty to help preserve the genetics of these plants and not to muck with those genetics. If I can't find plants with location data. I will settle for an unknown location variety.

One thing I can not deny though is the hybrid vigor.
Intheswamp, Camden, plantnerdjules and 1 others liked this
My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!