FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By Omar Sabry
Hello!
I am eligible to request drosera seeds. I'm in Egypt. I'll pay for the shipping via PayPal.
By Omar Sabry
Mixed
Attachments:
Screenshot_20230325-190654_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230325-190654_Chrome.jpg (201.64 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
By ChefDean
One portion of Mixed Drosera, OK. And, if you're OK with it, I'll pick two more that should be fairly easy to sow and grow.

Order received.
Your order number is 1297.
I'll PM you shortly with info for sending postage.
Thank you for your order.

Please provide me, in a response to my PM, your name and exact mailing address.

Reminder: With international requests, there is a chance the seeds may never arrive due to a number of factors. This is beyond my control, but I will do my best.
Thank you.

Happy growing,
Chef
By Omar Sabry
I'm okay with it

I have a question. How many seeds are they?
Also, I'd like the tracking number because I'll need it to receive the shipment. Also, write my phone number on the envelope/box because the shipping company will need to call me and the customs will need my number.

Admin edit: Name, address, and phone number removed. No need to put that information here. Please send me that information as a response to my PM.
By ChefDean
Omar Sabry wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:05 pm I have a question. How many seeds are they?
In these? There will be ~100 seeds in each pack. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less.
Omar Sabry wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:05 pmAlso, I'd like the tracking number because I'll need it to receive the shipment.
There will not be a tracking number because they will be sent as a letter so no tracking. That is why I need your mailing address. If we were to add tracking, it will only show up until it leaves the US. After that there will be no updates.
Omar Sabry wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:05 pmAlso, write my phone number on the envelope/box because the shipping company will need to call me and the customs will need my number.
Unless Egyptian customs is very stringent about all incoming mail, they shouldn't even bother with it.
By Omar Sabry
Egyptian customs is extremely stringent. Just write the number please.
And thank you for seeds.
By Omar Sabry
And the purpose of the tracking number isn't updates. It's so that they could register it on the system so I could request to "liberate" it
By ChefDean
Then we have a problem. According to usps.com, tracking for an international letter is not available. From what I can see, the cheapest option for providing tracking information for international mailings is right around $30 US. These seeds aren't worth that.
If this cannot be delivered to an address, you have to go pick it up with some sort of verification, then we might not be able to do it.
By Omar Sabry
We won't need a tracking number if I can guarantee that I will be called when the letter reaches the customs. I'll ask the customs if they'll call me if they find my number on the letter. Will USPS call my number once the letter is confiscated to be examined? Will they do that if you tell them to? Or if you write on the envelope "call this number once you reach the Egyptian customs...."?
They can deliver it to an address if they request liberation of the letter themselves, do all the paperwork, then pay both the customs and the ministry of agriculture to allow the letter in. I will contact USPS to see if they can do that.
By ChefDean
No, we're not going to do that. I've mailed to over two dozen countries and city-states without issues, we're not going to involve a third party in what amounts to smuggling. If it can't be mailed to you, then I think we've gone as far as we can.
By Omar Sabry
Okay, I'll just call the customs tomorrow and see if writing my number will solve the problem. If it won't, I'll see if USPS is willing to liberate the letter themselves.
By Omar Sabry
Okay, I just checked. Write my number on the envelope then send the letter normally. I was told I will certainly be called if it's written on the envelope.

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!