FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By carnivorous_noob
Hey everyone!
I'm pretty new to the carnivorous plant world, so my grow list is pretty small. The only plants I'm currently growing are:
- A typical VFT
- A Nepenthes Ventrata

Butterworts:
- P. Moranensis(Kijiji, 04/22/23)
- P. Agnata(Kijiji, 04/22/23)

In this thread I will also be posting updates and pictures of the seeds that I got from the seed bank. I will post pictures of them right after germination, and am planning on using this thread to track their progress for the whole year. The seeds I got from the seed bank are:

- drosera capensis "large form"
- drosera spatulata
- sarracenia flava var. rubricorpora

Currently, I have the sarracenia seeds in my fridge for stratification, and am planning to take them out of the fridge in about 6 weeks. I planted the two sundews in the same small pot with a dome on top for humidity, and am hoping they germinate within the next few weeks.

The next update won't be until the sundews germinate, so it will be a while
Last edited by carnivorous_noob on Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By ChefDean
Andrew42x89 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:24 am A grow journal forum wouldn’t be a bad idea
There is one, it's called "Grow List". Not only can you put what you grow there on the first entry, but you can show a progression of certain plants on that list.
Intheswamp liked this
By carnivorous_noob
It took long enough! I'm finally noticing some green coming out of the sundew seeds when using a magnifying glass. However, the green coming out of the seeds is so small that my camera won't focus on it. I'll send pictures when they develop their first leaves.
By carnivorous_noob
The Sarracenia seeds are out of the fridge, and I already put them in a large pot with sphagnum moss and perlite so that they can start sowing. Sundew pics coming soon!
By carnivorous_noob
I got my first butterworts two days ago! The sundew seeds are doing really good, but the sarr seeds still haven't germinated
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

*Phew* Okay, hadn't updated this is awhile. :l[…]

Well.. its been a few weeks. I've watched my dog l[…]

All Mineral Media

I just got the Pinguicula soil mix from CalCarn […]

Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!