FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Andrew42x89
Yeah, that’s not a very fun surprise! I worked for a brewery in Vegas that owned and was selling a building where we had been storing a bunch of equipment and supplies. Was clearing it out when I came across a room that looked like something out of a horror movie. Black widows and their webs literally covered the entire room from floor to ceiling. Noped the frak away from that area. My coworker and I threw on an extra pair of gloves and were much more cautious. Instantly very aware of our surroundings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Intheswamp
Room full of black widow spiders and webs...uh, no. I quit. I'll live in a box and eat out of dumpsters. :o
Andrew42x89 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:22 pm Yeah, that’s not a very fun surprise! I worked for a brewery in Vegas that owned and was selling a building where we had been storing a bunch of equipment and supplies. Was clearing it out when I came across a room that looked like something out of a horror movie. Black widows and their webs literally covered the entire room from floor to ceiling. Noped the frak away from that area. My coworker and I threw on an extra pair of gloves and were much more cautious. Instantly very aware of our surroundings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Intheswamp
The Preying Hands Tracyii is zooming on up, @Panman !!! I'm gonna be needing some warm, sunny weather *soon*!!!!! :lol:
Attachments:
February 5, 2023
February 5, 2023
IMG_8195 (Custom).JPG (444.6 KiB) Viewed 1421 times
January 30, 2023
January 30, 2023
IMG_8005 (Custom).JPG (350.75 KiB) Viewed 1421 times
Panman, Andrew42x89, Camden liked this
By Andrew42x89
Intheswamp wrote:The Preying Hands Tracyii is zooming on up, @Panman !!! I'm gonna be needing some warm, sunny weather *soon*!!!!! :lol:
Would ya look at ‘em grow! Nice. My repotted filiformis is almost ready to start sunbathing in the tent as well. Been moving her to slightly warmer places around the house every day. Tomorrow she gets the goods.
Intheswamp liked this
By Intheswamp
Oh yeah. That youngun is ready to eat. Mine is in the old trailer with several old screened windows open. The bugs are literally dying to get in!!! My Tracyi has already got quiet a collection of carcasses on it!!! I had no idea there were that many bugs in that old trailer…or that Tracyi is slipping outside and going hunting when I’m not looking!!!!! :lol: I’ll try to get a picture of it soon.
Andrew42x89 liked this
By Intheswamp
@Chef sent me a Florida Red white flower and it growing nicely. This weather that we’re having down here is really tempting me to start moving plants outside…in the 80F+ range for the foreseeable future…but it’s not the end of February yet!!!! :? All the threadleafs seem to be wanting OUT!!!!
By Intheswamp
Yeah, we call it the “Easter snap” around here and we wait to plant the summer garden until after Easter. It is really interesting how we always seem to get a freeze or heavy frost usually within a week or so of Easter…and none afterwards. Works even with the date of Easter moving each year!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!