FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By AhmtBgraa
First of all, hello. I began to grow Drosera Spatulata from seed. But in recent days they look a little bad. I planted the seeds on September 23, 2022. I used a small Starbucks cup as a terrarium. I used Sphagnum Moss above the ground because I thought it would be better for seeds. Seeds began to germinate after 15 days. During this process, I opened the mouth of the cup for 1 hour and ventilated it. And I refreshed their water at intervals of two weeks on average. I use pure water as water. The soil is the classical carnivorous plant soil. As for the light, I used the classic 3200 lumen Philips Led bulb (16 hours per day). It continued in this way from October 8, the date of their germination, to January 12. On January 12, 2023, I put it in my new environment. My new environment is a 65x65 (cm) cabinet with light reflectors specially developed for plants. I light this cabinet with Mars Hydro TS1000 led lamp. It operates at 75% power for 16 hours.
When I moved the seeds here, they were still in the glass. But I took it out of the cup because the temperature and humidity balance inside the box was suitable for the seeds. Either way, I always have water under them. In the first days, everything seems to be fine, but in recent days I see that the new leaves have turned black. Do you think this is a warning to take it back into the glass, or is it a small reaction to the change of environment? I really like this species of Drosera and I have no choice but to grow it from seed. That's why it's so important to me that they survive. On average, when the light is on, the temperature is 30-34°C and the humidity level is between 70%-80%. When the light is turned off, the temperature is 23-26°C and the humidity level is between 80%-90%. In addition to all this, I ventilate the inside of the closet for 1 hour daily. Given these circumstances, what do you think might be the problem? Thank you in advance to everyone who tried to help.
Attachments:
night temperature and humidity.PNG
night temperature and humidity.PNG (929.04 KiB) Viewed 613 times
daytime temperature and humidity.PNG
daytime temperature and humidity.PNG (915.83 KiB) Viewed 613 times
8 October.jpeg
8 October.jpeg (619.66 KiB) Viewed 613 times
16October.jpeg
16October.jpeg (1 MiB) Viewed 613 times
20 November.jpeg
20 November.jpeg (865.63 KiB) Viewed 613 times
9 December.jpeg
9 December.jpeg (833.6 KiB) Viewed 613 times
12 January (2).jpeg
12 January (2).jpeg (1.84 MiB) Viewed 613 times
12 January (1).jpeg
12 January (1).jpeg (771.2 KiB) Viewed 613 times
17 January.jpeg
17 January.jpeg (870.99 KiB) Viewed 613 times
19January.jpeg
19January.jpeg (803.65 KiB) Viewed 613 times
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!